Sri Lankan Okra and Green Bean Curry
- 250 g Okra trimmed and cut into pieces
- 250 g Green Beans or Snake Beans trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt Sea or Himalayan
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil cold pressed
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- 1 Medium Onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes dried
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Coriander ground
- 1 tsp Turmeric ground
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes canned or chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk Organic
- 1 tsp Lemon or Lime juice
Wash okra and place in a bowl. Toss with turmeric and salt and set aside
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add curry leaves, mustard seeds, onion and dried chilli.
Saute for 3 minutes, but don't let the mustard seeds burn
Add okra to the pan, ground chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric and tomotoes.
Cook until slightly brown, tossing all the time so the dry ingredients don't burn.
Add salt to taste
Add coconut milk, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the okra is cooked - around 7 minutes.
Remove from the heat, add lemon or lime juice and stir through
Don't overcook the vegetables. The okra should still have a slight crunch.