Cleansing Salad with Avocado, Coconut and Coriander Dressing
With this daily cleansing salad, I try to get as much variety as possible into one jar, as different coloured vegetables contain a variety of nutrients and anti-oxidants! Think of it as eating the colours of the rainbow!
The fibre helps to move the food through your system with ease, therefore absorbing nutrients quite easily and creating a healthy environment for good gut bacteria.
The dressing was a work in progress, which turned out so good - so I thought I would share it with you!
- 1 whole Avocado
- 1 tbsp Coconut Vinegar Use apple cider if you don't have Coconut
- 1 tsp Salt Ancient Lakes Magnesium salt of Himalayan
- 1 handful Coriander Fresh
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk I used canned, but you can make your own
- 1/4 cup Water Filtered
- 1 clove Garlic Fresh
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes Sliced in half
- 1 small Cucumber Chopped
- 4 small Baby Corn On the cob, sliced
- half Yellow or Red Pepper Chopped
- 4 pieces Snow Peas Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion Finely chopped
- 1 cup Salad Leaves Mixed or Spinach
Place dressing ingredients in a blender or a Nutribullet and blend together. Make sure that the dressing has enough liquid in it to blend properly.
Pour the dressing into the bottom of your Mason Jar. Or, if you're making your salad in a bowl, you can pour the dressing over the salad once it is prepared.
Layer your salad ingredients as listed in the ingredients. The more moist ingredients that won't wilt are more suitable for the bottom layers in your mason jar, and the salad leaves are best at the top of the salad.
When you are ready to eat your salad, you mix it up by shaking the jar (with the lid on), until the dressing is evenly distributed through the jar.
Pour the salad into a bowl and enjoy!